POL Key Dates
- November 1, 2017 Deadline for school registration
- January 13, 2018 Deadline for names, poem selections, and contact information of students competing at regionals, as well as location of regional competition the students will attend. Each school can register their winner and runner-up for regional competition. (Registration links to come in September)
- Regional locations and dates TBD
STATE AND NATIONAL FINALS:
- State and National finals TBD
NEW YORK POETRY OUT LOUD PARTNERS
- The National Endowment for the Arts was established by Congress in 1965 as an independent agency of the federal government. To date, the NEA has awarded more than $4 billion to support artistic excellence, creativity, and innovation for the benefit of individuals and communities. The NEA extends its work through partnerships with state arts agencies, local leaders, other federal agencies, and the philanthropic sector.
- The Poetry Foundation, publisher of Poetry magazine, is an independent literary organization committed to a vigorous presence for poetry in our culture. It has embarked on an ambitious plan to bring the best poetry before the largest possible audiences.
- New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, is dedicated to preserving and expanding the rich and diverse cultural resources that are and will become the heritage of New York’s citizens.
- Everson Museum of Art for hosting the state finals.
- The State University of New York for hosting the regional competitions.
- Con Edison for supporting POETRY OUT LOUD in New York City and Westchester County.
- BOA Editions for providing books for the regional competitions and state final.