Other T&W Workshops
T&W partners with other organizations to offer writing workshops for young people and adults. Current and recent T&W programs include:
- Poetry Inside Out, a literary arts program that fosters imagination and builds literacy through the translation and composition of poetry in partnership with the Center for the Art of Translation in San Francisco.
- Performance poetry writing for teens and adults in the Liberty Partnerships Program at LaGuardia Community College in Queens.
- Spoken word and playwriting programs for at-risk young people in Brooklyn in partnership with Good Shepherd Services.
- Poetry writing with parents of students at PS 156, Waverly School of the Arts in Brooklyn.
- Slam poetry writing and performance workshops for teenagers atVISIONS: Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired in Manhattan.
- Poetry writing and editing/book compilation for over-age and under-credited students in the Manhattan GED/Learning to Work Program at the Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services.
Writing workshops can be tailored for the needs and interests of any age group, including intergenerational programs, and in a variety of genres, including:
- Essay Writing
- College application essay writing
- Spoken Word
For more information about partnering with T&W to provide writing workshops for your organization, please call 212-691-6590 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most 90-minute to two-hour T&W writing workshops cost $400 per day. If you represent a community-based organization that serves economically-disadvantaged populations, please contact T&W to discuss fees.
- For workshops longer than two hours, including full-day sessions, or for workshops to be conducted outside NYC, please call 212-691-6590 or e-mail email@example.com for pricing information.